Skip to content
Whole roasted tomato soup with garlic, shallot, sage, carrot, salt & pepper … and infused olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cut stem out of top of the tomato
- Rub tomato in olive oil
- Fill opening in top of tomato with 1 tsp infused olive oil.
- Toss vegetables and herbs in 1 tsp infused olive oil.
- Create a bowl out of aluminum foil that will fit the tomato and vegetables with additional room. Make sure foil is whole and not ripped or punctured.
- Add vegetable mixture in the foil bowl and place whole tomato upright on top of vegetables, making sure that the olive oil in top of tomato does not spill out. Season with salt and pepper.
- Keeping at least 1 inch of space at the top, close and seal the top of the aluminum foil bowl.
- Place foil bowl on lined baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes at 350F.
- Remove baking sheet from the oven and let tomato soup cool for 10 minutes.
- Carefully open top of foil bowl.
- Using tongs, carefully remove tomato from the foil and place in a serving bowl.
- Pour vegetables and soup liquid around the tomato.