What’s better than a warm brownie? A spiced, warm brownie! This olive oil brownie includes a trio of comfort spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Make them even cozier with espresso. They are dairy-free and delicious!
Bake: 350F | Makes: 12-16
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil*
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- substitute some or all with fresh espresso, if available
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup and 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* Baking High optional infused ingredient. See How to Infuse for more information on making cannabis infusions.
In these Spiced Olive Oil Brownies, you can infuse the olive oil with any cannabis strain(s) of your choice. I would recommend a strain that has deep & earthy or rich & spicy terpenes that will compliment the trio of spices and espresso in the brownies.
Use an edible dosage calculator, such as this one by hempster, to calculate a dose that is right for you.
Baking High Edible Example
|Cannabis (in grams)||0.7|
|Liquid for infusion (in cups)||0.33|
|Infused extract in recipe (in tablespoons)||5.33|
|Servings in recipe||12|
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cocoa powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk half of 1/3 cup olive oil and boiling water (with espresso, optional) into cocoa powder mixture until smooth.
- Add sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and remaining olive oil. Whisk until smooth.
- Slowly add flour a third at a time and whisk until smooth.
- Pour batter into pan and smooth with a rubber spatula to ensure that the batter is evenly distributed and level in the pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick or knife comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before slicing.*
* If you infused your brownies with cannabis: use a ruler to measure out either 12 or 16 servings. Measure, mark, and cut an (a) 3×4 grid for 12 servings or (b) 4×4 grid for 16 servings of brownies. By precisely measuring out your servings, the dosage of each serving is likely to be more even and consistent.